Thursday, December 4, 2014

Update - October 6th

Mom,

This last week was pretty good! Did a lot of traveling. I think we've clocked over 22 miles of just counting the long trips we have to make. We have to do another 8 hours tomorrow as well. We have to wake up at 3am to make it to our meeting on time. Good ol' Mission Leadership Council.

This last week we did a lot of spontaneous service and it was so much fun! Serving is the key to happiness. 

It was cool to see Carlos A. Godoy speak! I wish he would have gave his talk in English though. He's hilarious! He's such a funny guy and his English with the accent makes him so much funnier. He came to our mission in July. He's a good man.

Our zone is doing great! We have 7 on date for baptism but that should go up soon. We had 3 or 4 baptisms in our zone this last month which is pretty good for Kalispell. We are looking to have 3 baptisms in the month of November. Maybe one of those the last week of October if we can. 

I'm sorry you don't understand the facebook thing. It's because our mission strives for aboslute obedience. Some mission presidents jump right into the world of proselyting online and it does get abused by missionaries. Our mission did the exact opposite. In taking things slowly and slowly easing into better avenues to use online. For example, keeping your home facebook can be very distracting and make new missionaries even more home sick than they already are-seeing there friends and families posts all the time. I tell you this because we strive for obedience, some missionaries struggle, and we need to help them. I'm sorry I don't have my home facebook and can't have you as a friend. But I can assure you that we are seeing miracles and great things from our online efforts. We are constantly seeking more and better ways to utilize the wonderful tool that God has given us. Rest assured, we will always do what God will have us do. 

I love you. I'm seeing miracles. God is a part of our lives. 

As conference becomes available to us I encourage you to go back on the conference talks. Read them, highlight in them, watch them as you get ready for work. They are so great! I love conference! I got so much out of it and can't wait to go back on them.

Jessica is great! Joni is great! And Quentin is great! We are going to put Quentin on date tonight. The last lesson we had with him was just... Amazing. Miracle. Sister Perry is good too, she's sweet. We won't be teaching her friend for a while probably. Don't know yet. It was just something she mentioned. All things in there time I guess. We are going to meet with her this week and that should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment