Thursday, December 4, 2014

Love you.

Hey mom,

I am doing really well. We have a lot going on. We have been moving into another members' house for the past week and so that has been a fun challenge in itself. We are finishing up the move today and tomorrow hopefully. I am looking forward to our interviews with President Mecham this transfer. As for my studies of the scriptures I am in Alma 18. I am marking all of the words of Christ and that has been fun. 3 things that I am focusing on right now is my prayers, Christ like attributes again, and there was one more but I can't seem to remember right now.

Our area is doing good, we do not attend 9 different sacrament meetings-Luckily, that would be insane! Only 9 hours :) This week we didn't go to 2 hours of church in lakeside because our investigator was not there. We only attended 7 hours which is the normal. Quinten is doing good, we are meeting with him tomorrow and hopefully he will be on date! 

We had Mission Leadership Council this last week. It was amazing! I love seeing all the missionaries there! It was a fun time to learn from the assistants and from President and Sister Mecham.

There is a lot of things I want to do when I get back! It would be cool to go to Texas and visit Alli for a few days before college. I can't wait to see all of you. Time is flying by so fast. I can't believe it's almost over :/ Missions are great. Y'all should save up for one. Do y'all have food storage yet. We sure are gettin' pretty close to the end of days ya know.

Continue to rely on our Saviors Atonement. Pray, Pray hard, Pray long and hard. You can't change what other people have done, the only thing you can change is you (: You can't blame yourself for other peoples' actions. In an extreme example, that's like me blaming myself for what Adolf Hitler did to millions of Jews and others. No, the answer is no. 

Satan wants you to think it is your fault. He wants you to think that other peoples' actions are your fault when they really aren't. You are doing the right thing though, you recognize that you are the parent and so a certain level of responsibility is on you. But go to him in prayer. God knows you, you are a precious daughter of the most forgiving loving man. He looks upon you all the time, he is proud of you. You HAVE come very far in this life, keep going though. Endure (: (True endurance is enduring happily) Find the good in all things, serve others, you will find God is very much apart of your life and your situation. 

From my favorite hymn in the book:
227: "For when the Lord is near, The dove of peace sings in my heart, the flow'rs of grace appear."- The Lord IS near and you WILL find peace (:

From my 2nd favorite hymn in the book:
221: "Dear to the heart of the Shepherd, Dear are the sheep of his fold; Dear is the love that he gives them, Dear-er than silver or gold." -God loves you. You are very near and dear to him and his heart. Remember.

I love you. Don't forget that. In the thick and thin of this trial, I want you to know with the most humility I can muster, that you have raised some fine children. You have done great!

Now go forward with faith.

Love, 
Your son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment