Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wow...so much to do! Monday, Sept.23rd


Wow, so much to do.

Being a District Leader is great! I love it. It's a huge service position and that's one thing that I love about it. I love being able to get to know those in my district and to be able to help in any way that I can with missionary work in their areas. For example, the sister missionaries called to report numbers and we got talking about one of their investigators, it was super awesome to have ideas flow into my mind on how to help them. Taking numbers isn't that much fun, but it's not like I hate it either. I planned my first district meeting! It's actually combined with another district, but I went ahead and planned it. The other district leader in our zone is Elder Ptacek my trainer. Lol that's just awesome. We have a great district though! There are 5 companionship's.

My new missionary Elder Bradley Swisher is doing great! He's a great guy and reminds me a lot about Elder Cooper. He's like a brother to me. We have similar personalities and get a long great. He has a hard time with memorization but we'll make that a strength.

I am doing great! We ran up a huge hill that says GF on it for Great Falls. It was Elder Hiatt and I, our companions, and our zone leaders Elder Organ and Elder Rodriguez. We ran up the hill at like 6am. Super tiring but we all took book of Mormons and we read some scriptures together as the sun rose. Beautiful!



 

I have lots of funny stories! I will record them on a memory card and then send the memory card with pictures and the videos to you.

Things are going great and our investigators are moving along well.

The weather is getting colder. I might buy a new coat or something, one that's easy to work in. I don't know yet. It's not storming like back home though!

You should get food storage. I'm just going to be forward. This is the last days. God is going to cause many disasters to strike. We talked about this in our ward council. If we don't have food storage we're going to suffer. It's a commandment, the prophets and apostles have all mentioned it. You can get cheap supplies from the bishops storehouses, like 30-50 dollar things. I'm just saying, I don't want to see anything bad happen to our family by not being prepared. Heck, when I get home I'm starting a food storage for myself (: Things are already happening to people of the church. If we don't get food storage we aren't following God's council. In the Book of Mormon that never worked out for them.

I love you all. I am so proud of your progression and growth over the past 8 months since I've been gone. I challenge the family to read the Book of Mormon by Christmas. I promise you that if you will, God will reign down his blessings upon all of you, our family, and the home in which you all live in. It's a trying time to live in. But it's a huge blessing to be able to touch the lives of others in these latter days. D&C 18:10-17, cry repentance unto the world. If our home is full of the spirit, those who come into it WILL notice a difference and wonder, they will have questions, and they will come unto Christ.
 
I loved this email~  here are the scripture verses that Elder Packham shared:
D&C 18:10-17
 10 Remember the aworth of bsouls is great in the sight of God;
 11 For, behold, the Lord your aRedeemer suffered bdeath in the flesh; wherefore he csuffered the dpain of all men, that all men might repent and ecome unto him.
 12 And he hath arisen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of brepentance.
 13 And how great is his ajoy in the bsoul that crepenteth!
 14 Wherefore, you are called to acry repentance unto this people.
 15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one asoul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
 16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the akingdom of my Father, how great will be your bjoy if you should bring many csouls unto me!
 17 Behold, you have my gospel before you, and my rock, and my asalvation.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment