Wednesday, October 2, 2013

So much to say!


So much to say! I wish the computer could read my thoughts and type it out for me. Wishful thinking as of now though.

Things are going really well. I guess I will start by talking about my district meeting. My first companion, trainer, and district leader Elder Ptacek is now back and a district leader again. He is over 2 other sets of elders plus his so 3 total. We had a combined district meeting because we had a stake meeting that night with our stake president. I planned the whole meeting and it looked solid. I turned it over to God and felt super good about it. As the meeting started I could tell that things were not going the way I had hoped and prayed.  Things were a bit louder than I would have liked. The Elders in  Elder Ptacek's district have been out a lot longer than those in mine and they were all about to go home. You know how I like things to go smoothly.  Well, some  things were said that maybe shouldn't have been.  So..we had a 5 minute break and started the meeting again. We always like to have a little break just to stretch and what not. So I had a discussion on accountability. It was probably the greatest discussion I've given on my mission. The spirit was so strong and I don't even remember most of what I said. Because most of what I said was just by the spirit not by anything I wrote down. I sat down and Elder Hiatt and everybody else told me it was an amazing discussion. It was by the spirit though. When I got up to speak It was dead silent too. Everybody had quieted and calmed down. 

Chris Williams came and spoke to us! Holy smokes that was powerful! I absolutely loved it! It was unbelievable. I got to talk with him and get a picture with him as well. I attached it.
For those of you who do not know who Chris Williams is... please watch this video:

Here is a picture of Jake and Chris Williams:
My district is going great! I'm working some problems out with one of the companionships. That's been an interesting situation. Dealing with the companionship, an elder who's training and then the assistants, Elder Sears who is over the vehicle department and then working with our zone leaders. It helps to have such nice zone leaders. I came out with my zone leaders so we're pretty close. I love it! I love being a district leader. I love being able to serve those around me. I am interviewing someone for baptism tomorrow. I met her last night at the Chris Williams fireside so that was cool. I am really excited! I have the questions memorized too! There are so many responsibilities though! The mission is really changing. It's right now that it's changing. They have added a lot more to district leaders. I don't mind though. I manage the stress by staying organized. There are no district meeting outlines any more. It's all on me. Then on top of that the car pictures, the vehicle inspections, exchanges, interviews. But then there are no bi-weekly meetings with the zone leaders. Also another meeting once a month with the sister training leaders and a bunch of other people. Much more too!
I have a discussion in our zone conference on Wednesday! I am speaking right after President Mecham, it's 15 minutes and it's in front of our zone(great falls), Great Falls East, Bozeman, Helena, and Butte zones.  I'm a little nervous but I'm excited. It's weird because President doesn't usually do this. Usually, he, his wife, and the assistants and sister training leaders speak - not some average joe. LOL -kidding. 
Well I love you all!! I'm doing really well. Rob came to church and he's really progressing towards his baptismal date on October 26th. You're welcome for the letters and package. I'll send more soon! I love you all! I did get the cookie package - thank you!
Love,
Elder Packham

What can I add to that?! I love him and I am proud of him. I know that he has a strong testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel and I am thankful that he can go and share that with the people of Montana.  Jake has a heart of gold and he LOVES everyone - it's an incredible gift that the Lord has given him.  Jake doesn't know a stranger and he will always be there for you - no matter what.  He is a great example to me of Christ-like love & service.




No comments:

Post a Comment