Wednesday, October 2, 2013

TRANSFERS! and other good news from Monday, September 16th

Transfer Information: I got a phone call earlier this week and the assistants interviewed me again. I wasn't sure what was going to happen. We got a phone call Sunday night and the assistants told us what was happening. He made us promise and commit to keep it confidential until Monday afternoon. Elder Yeske is going to Rimrock (Billings) to finish training and to serve with the one and only Elder Inman (So freakin jealous). I am now a District Leader and I am training ANOTHER missionary!!! It's so exciting! Our zone just split into two zones. Which is good because we had the biggest zone in the mission. Elder Rodriguez who was our district leader is now my zone leader and the other zone leader is Elder Organ, they both came out with me! It's so awesome! We have such an awesome zone! I am so excited but nervous about the district leader thing. It'll be great! I am very excited to stay here in Great Falls 5th ward. It'll be interesting juggling the training and district leader things. I'm super excited to train!

We helped someone to quit smoking! We have 2 awesome people on date for baptism and hopefully one more by the end of this week. I don't need anything and I'm doing pretty good.
I had asked Elder Packham in my letter that week what scripture really stood out to him and what was his best spiritual experience.
This week the scripture that really stood out to me was Joshua 1:9 and then the Doctrine & Covenants 38:7 footnote, along with verses 11, 12, maybe 10 I can't remember. Best spiritual experience, Teaching the Restoration to people We have like 5 baptisms planned for the 26th! Hopefully they all go through! That would be crazy! But hey, I get to interview all of them (:
Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."
D&C 38:7 "But behold, verily, verily, I say unto you that mine eyes are upon you. I am in your midst and ye cannot see me." 
I also asked Jake if he had written to his brother Mike. 
I wrote Mike back months ago and I've been waiting for a response! I'll write him again soon. We seriously have had NO time to write letters. Things have been so crazy!  Time goes by way too fast and I totally agree that more time should be in the day.
Elder Cooper got his visa!!!!!!! He's off to Porto Alegre Brazil today! He'll be traveling all day but I'm happy for him.

Elder Packham sounds good.  Listening to him makes me think of this scripture:

D&C 58:27 "Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness."

 




No comments:

Post a Comment