Wednesday, October 9, 2013

General Conference Was AMAZING!


General Conference was amazing. I was so happy about how bold they were. I loved hearing the words of our Prophet and the spirit was magnificent. From a missionary perspective I loved the Less Active talk by Elder Uchtdorf, my personal favorites were Elder Holland-that made me cry and Elder Uchtdorf's Priesthood session talk. I loved all of it. We missed the statistics at the beginning of Saturday session (my favorite part ALWAYS), because we were helping someone repair a roof. The wind was so bad this last week that someone in a trailer out in the country lost the roof. We rushed back for the first hour of the first session on Saturday though.
 Here is the talk by President Uchtdorf - "Come Join Us"



Here is the video by Elder Holland - "Like a Broken Vessel":


And here is the final talk that Elder Jake referenced by President Uchtdorf - "You Can Do It Now!":

~~~~~~~~~
The mission is going really well. One of the investigators in our district, our missionary mom's brother, is doing great! He's not in our ward but we still go to some of the lessons. He had 3 lessons this last week, he's reading and praying, he went to two sessions of conference and one of the two was priesthood, and he also went to somebody else's baptism on Saturday! He's amazing! I love him so much! He's like family. The whole Foster family will always be close to my heart. Brian wants me to baptize him. So on the 19th I'll be baptizing him! I can't wait. He calls me like every day. I don't know what else to say. He's like family, I don't feel like he's any different than an older brother. I want to go visit Arizona when I get back so badly. Sister Foster lives their now,  Elder Inman lives their, and Elder Organ lives their.
I'm staying kind of warm - Elder Packham
~~~~~
I think I have mentioned before that Jake loves everyone - this is so true.  I am grateful for his good example.  Too often in life I think we get caught up in selfish behaviors and all about me attitudes and it has always impressed me that Jake has the ability to think of others before himself.  I truly wish that more of the world was like this but I am afraid that society is going more and more the other way - where people tend to be much more concerned about themselves.   The Savior taught a wonderful lesson about this.  Here is the Bible's wording of the Lord's advice to all of us:
"Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
"Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all they heart, and with all thy soul, and with all they mind.
"This is the first and great commandment.
"And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love they neighbor as thyself.
"On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."  Matthew 22:35-40
Elder Henry B Eyring gave a talk entitled "To My Grandchildren"  that spoke to my heart.  Here is a piece of that talk:
President George Q. Cannon said this about how God has prepared you and me and our children for the tests we will face: “There is not one of us but what God’s love has been expended upon. There is not one of us that He has not cared for and caressed. There is not one of us that He has not desired to save, and that He has not devised means to save. There is not one of us that He has not given His angels charge concerning. We may be insignificant and contemptible in our own eyes, and in the eyes of others, but the truth remains that we are the children of God, and that He has actually given His angels—invisible beings of power and might—charge concerning us, and they watch over us and have us in their keeping.”2
I know, without a doubt, that the things that we heard at conference are true! I know it!  I am so very grateful for my membership in this church and pray daily that I will continue to stay close to the Lord. - Sandi

No comments:

Post a Comment