Monday, February 18, 2013

Bringing everyone up to speed on Elder Packham

So this weekend I heard from Jake twice!!! It was awesome!!  He always has the funniest stories to tell and I appreciate that he shares them with me.  Let me bring you up to speed on a couple of stories he shared.

Here is a snippet from one of his emails:

My companion is elder Johnson from spanish fork utah! He's a great guy! I love the MTC! I know that this is where I need to be. They told us that our testimony would grow more in 2 weeks than it has in 10 years and that is so true! I love it here. The people are great and you can feel the spirit wherever you go. A funny story for you.. The 2nd day we were here the 4 guys in the room next to us were all working out, and then the showered. But after there shower they realized none of them had a key. So me, my companion and the other 2 elders in our room had to go to the information desk to get a spare key while the 4 guys stood outside there room in towels. Lol i've made a lot of memories. I wouldn't trade being here for the world. I can't wait to get to Montana!

 
He did tell me about his flight to Utah and how he met a very nice couple in Dallas.  They asked him if he was going on a mission or coming home from a mission and then insisted on buying him breakfast!  When I heard that story it brought a tear to my eye!  He said  that there names were Brother and Sister Southward from Oklahoma. If I ever have the opportunity to pay it forward, I definetely will!  I wish I could thank them.  He said that there was another young man walking up in a suit and Sister Southward had her husband ask him if he was a missionary also.  They bought breakfast for him as well!!!!

As for his first thoughts of the MTC - he loved  it! (See snippet above!) Jake's response after his first night at the MTC, "Glory, glory, hallelujiah! - I survived!"  This made me laugh!  He said that it was 60 degrees in their room and he was positive they were trying to get him ready for good ole' Montana.

Spiritually- Jake said they told him that his testimony would grow more in 10 days than it has in 2 years.  He assured me that he can already tell that is true!!!

I know that Jake will be an incredible missionary.  He has never met a stranger and he loves everyone.  It is a very unique quality that he has and I know that it will serve him well.

No comments:

Post a Comment