Tuesday, April 2, 2013

This week has been outstanding!!!

I have changed the names in order to protect the identity of those Jake is talking about but I think he says it best. So here goes ~


This week has been outstanding!! In the past 7 days we've taught the Henrys 4 times and I've taught the last 2 lessons. I taught the last lesson on repentance. I asked this super inspired question I can't even remember what it was. She answered, Elder Ptacek testified. Then Dee just starts bawling and she bears testimony that the church is true and she knows it without a doubt. She says in the past few days something has just come over her. She was worried about quitting coffee and that was the one thing holding her back. She said before she started drinking coffee she'd get these really bad headaches. We promised her that if she took that leap of faith she wouldn't get those headaches. We taught them faith 3 times. Just faith and nothing else. Our lessons are usually almost 2 hours long. After Dee bore testimony I testified. After I was done she just stood up and went to the kitchen. Dee threw away her brand new coffee maker, all of her coffee, and all of the tea that they had in the cupboards. John Henry, the husband, didn't know what to say or what to do. He said, "I've never seen my wife so serious in my life, not even when she wants to kill me." The power of the Atonement is real. She knows it and she's received that knowledge. She knows the church is true. They've been meeting with missionaries for 7 years. We did not have them on date for baptism but one day we were reporting numbers to our zone leaders in Great Falls and I looked at Elder Ptacek and was like April 27th. That's the day. He looked at me and said the same thing. April 27th would be the day. So we've been telling everyone we have a baptismal date for April 27th and guess what?! Dee committed to April 27th. She said she wants her boys to grow up and to serve missions just like we are. She says that she's so humbled because missionaries have never given up on her and they keep coming back. Missionaries may drop them but then the next set of missionaries always come back. She said she knows that there are families that her boys may get to touch the lives of. She wants nothing more than the gospel right now. John said it's different with Elder Ptacek and I. He doesn't know why.

That was an amazing witness and I feel blessed that Elder Packham shared it with us. The gospel is true - this I know, with certainty!  If you doubt it - you should read the Book of Mormon and do as the Lord admonished in the Bible in James 1:5 - "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God."   You can receive another witness as well through Moroni's Promise in the Book of Mormon, Moroni 10:3-5.

“And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of theHoly Ghost” (Moro. 10:4).

No comments:

Post a Comment