Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Testimony

As you might have guessed, I have been looking online at all kinds of missionary information. I found a great missionary mom blog and one of the great ideas she had was to create a "Babylon Box."  This is a box that you use to gather things that happen over the next two years to share with your missionary when they return.  She said her kids would always go to their Babylon Box first when they returned.  She would put things in it like movies they missed, cd's they might like, etc.  I love the idea!  I definetely think I am going to do it.  The first thing we are putting in there is the movie, "Here Comes the Boom."  Great movie and I think Jake will like it!

There are a lot of missionary mom's or articles that talk about the things you should write and share with your missionary.  All of these are full of great advice but I think the biggest thing that I always want to focus on sharing with Jake is my testimony.  I feel like I have had so many experiences in my life that have really shaped my testimony and would like to think that it can strengthen others.

So... I would like to share my testimony with you!

I am so grateful for my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  It has blessed my life in immeasurable ways. I know the Book of Mormon is true and I am thankful to Joseph Smith and his desire to know which church was true.  His incredible faith as he read James 1:5 and knowing that God would answer his prayers. I want that kind of faith!  I do believe that my faith is the foundation of my testimony and for that I am grateful.  I am marveled by the pioneers who also had faith to move mountains.  When they were driven out of their homes and towns time and time again they could have said, “This is too hard, I quit!”  But they never did that.  They pressed forward with faith in God knowing that He would always be there.  We certainly have amazing examples from the pioneers. I am grateful to Heavenly Father for the numeroustimes in my life that He has extended His hand and protected and guided me.  I had so many things happen to me in my childhood and without Godas my constant companion my life would have turned out so much differently. I am thankful for my knowledge of eternal families and the blessings of the temple. I KNOW that I will see Mic again and that we will be a familyforever.  I also know that because of those great blessings I will see myown father again one day.  What a marvelous thing that will be!  God is in the details of my life and that was incredibly evident when Mic left this earth, He truly prepared us and that is a blessing. I am thankful for all the people who listened to the Spirit and were there at the crossroads of my life. I know that Jesus Christ came to this earth and showed us the perfect example of how to live our lives.  Learning about his life in the New Testament was one of my favorite times while teaching seminary.  Because I know my brother, Jesus Christ, I know that there is someone who knows every feeling I experience in this life.  Because of him, I don’t have to say, “Nobody knows how I feel.”  And when I feel discouraged, I know the Jesus Christ knows how that feels as well and if He could make it, so can I!  I know that forgiveness is a valuable lesson to learn and that God forgives us of all our shortcomings and we should forgive others as well.  I have faith that all things will be made right through God. I know that Jesus Christ died for me,that He was resurrected and He Lives! I know that He appeared to the people onthe American continent. I know the scripture in John 10:16 that says "other sheep which are not of this fold, them also I must bring..." is true!  I know that this was fulfilled because in the Book of Mormon in 3 Nephi 15:16-17, 21 it says: "ye are they of whom I said: Other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring..."  I am truly blessed and so grateful to my Father in Heaven.

I pray that Elder Packham and his companion are being led to those who are prepared and ready to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment