Sunday, May 11, 2014

If I had a nickel for every time he said, "Literally the best lesson I ever taught!" - I would be SO rich! hahaha


The title of this post, totally legit! haha If you read his post below - he says it twice!  Trust me when I say that every lesson must be the best lesson he has ever had/taught.

Wait... What is going on with the world!!! Check out my week in a nut shell.

We went on exchanges for 3 days and that was awesome. It made me grateful for serving in a University ward. I witnessed so many miracles. Our zone made it! We reached our goals! Our streak has not yet ended and we only plan for our numbers to get higher and higher, we ended April with 52 baptisms. 

We taught this Vietnamese man on Friday, he is from Vietnam and he is Budhist. It was very interesting teaching a man with no christian background. Seriously we could have been filmed and put on the district videos. The lesson was phenomenal. Just fundamental teaching. Easily one of the best lessons of my mission. We invited him to pray and he said he would. He offered one of the most beautiful heartfelt prayers I have ever heard and it was his first prayer to a God ever! I know that the spirit was helping him and prompting him with things to say. I told Elder Johnson the spirit helped him in his prayer and he said he received that confirmation in the prayer as well.

Friday night we went to the Vocal Point concern. Oh boy were we jammin'. That's the first and last time I will be able to listen to 'other music' on my mission. It was such a great community event! We had several investigators and less actives in attendance. One of the singers is from Bozeman actually and it was his last performance with Vocal Point. On Saturday morning there was a morning side that Vocal Point led and that was fun too. It was nice to talk to the guys about there missions and enjoy some good laughs. One of them is from Cedar Rapids as well and we had a good talk about good ol' Iowa. 



Catholic Mass?! Sunday Morning we went to Catholic Mass with our neighbor. Needless to say it was very interesting. The Catholic Priest bashed on us and the islams. I wasn't to happy about that but I took it as a grain of salt for everything he said wasn't true. We talked to our neighbor about it and told him it's one thing if he does it in conversation but to talk about other churches he clearly doesn't know about when instructing from the pulpit is wrong. He tried to defend his faith but there wasn't much that he could have said. It's pretty plain and simple.While we were there for Mass they baptized a baby. I wonder what the little guy was thinking. It built my testimony that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the ONLY true church upon the earth today with the priesthood authority and prophets of God. The same church that existed thousands of years ago. God IS the same yesterday, today, and will be forever. Mass was from 7:30-9am.

Another investigator.... He's a champion. I don't know if I have told you about him yet. We have been trying to meet with him for 8 weeks and finally last week were able to meet with him. Ironically it was the same day that Elder Johnson and I committed to having more faith. He came to FHE last week and loved it! We had breakfast with him this last friday at Perkins. He showed up to break the fast at 5pm on Sunday, Stayed for the CES Devotional at 6pm and we had a lesson with him at the Heaps house at 7 along with dessert. Literally the best lesson I've ever taught. It was fundamental, Straight from preach my gospel. We did how to begin teaching and set the tone for the lesson and then as we started to teach things just happened. We asked inspired questions, our member participation was nothing less than great, and he was involved and engaged as well. I recited the first vision to him and you could physically see him overcome with the spirit. Elder Johnson followed and invited him to baptism. Knowing him I'm sure he wasn't planning on saying yes but how could he say no? He couldn't... At least not with the spirit as strong as it was. He is on date for June 7th, we may move him into May.

I will be able to skype for 30-45 minutes on Mothers day.
I am happy, safe, healthy and well. 

Our zone is doing great! We had 3 baptisms this last week in our zone and at least two more this weekend. Starting May off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment