Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Oh my Oh my Oh my

JANUARY 27th EMAIL

Oh my oh my oh my. So much happens every day that I don't even know what to email about. I feel like journaling is so hard each night because so much happens that I don't know what to write down or what happened. Our zone is doing great! One of the most spiritual experiences came at a baptism this last Saturday. We had 4 convert baptisms this last Saturday in our zone which was pretty good. The first baptism was at 10 and then our stake president took us to the next one in St. Ignatius. It was powerful. This man named Josh who has been a member for 2 months baptized his mom. Powerful! The gospel brings families so close. I love it. Then he bore his testimony and called out all of his non member family and told them to take the lessons, then he proceeded to share the first vision, and then he told his family that he would be happy to do what he did to his family what he just did with his mom. So spiritual!


I am doing great! My companion also gave someone in the university ward the melchezidek priesthood yesterday, I was able to stand in. That was crazy too! Just a neat experience. Elder Mcleod and I are doing great! We are getting along fine. Our 3rd companion Elder Marshall came back I don't know if I told you that. We have mission leadership council which will be good. I will be able to see a lot of the missionaries I came out with.


There is a new policy on mail! If you could send this out, post it, or whatever. All mail needs to come directly to me personally. My address is 1101 greenough dr. #E10 Thank you!! 
 
 
JANUARY 21st EMAIL
 
Oh wow. So much to say and so much to talk about. This was probably the most spiritual week and hardest week of my mission at the same time. I was just really struggling with a lot. I prayed a lot. Lots of things happened with our investigators. I saw miracles happen and was able to minister to many of Gods children. Nothing brings greater joy. 

 
The Book of Mormon is just great! I love it! That Book will change any human beings' life.

 
 Enough Rest? lol I wish. On saturday night we got 4 hours of sleep so Sunday was just a struggle. Hardest Sunday Ever. We had a meeting with all of those bishops and the stake presidency at 6am. Church was great though and we had tons of less actives and investigators at church. Our stake president is a champion. Michael Tree. He was a stake president in California for a couple years then moved here not knowing why. After being here 6 months he becomes the stake president here in Missoula. He's a champion. He's just the greatest Mentor ever! Our goal for the Missoula stake is 130 baptisms, this last year there were only 46 baptisms. That's President Tree's vision for ya. 

 
I'm not getting transferred! I'm staying in Missoula as a zone leader with Elder Mcleod for another 6 weeks, our 3rd companion we used to have is also coming back to Missoula for another 6 weeks- Elder Marshall. Elder Mcleod and I have our differences. Today we had a really good companionship inventory. We resolved some things and it was really good. Working through things day by day.

 
The most spiritual experience of my entire mission and maybe my whole life besides the temple happened in a lesson with one of our investigators this last week. He's on date for February 15th. We just gave him to the University Sisters to teach instead of us. I feel like we find all of these people and then just give them away, then find more, then give them away. We're just powerhouses at finding people to teach right now. God is great. We are always led to people who need the gospel and if we just open our mouth good things will come. 

 
One of my favorite scriptures this week was alma 5:40. I am also in 2 nephi 7 or so in my personal reading. That's going great! We're supposed to read 7 chapters a day to finish in mid february. That won't happen though. Too many lessons to plan for in the mornings and not enough time ever.
 
 
JANUARY 13th EMAIL
 
I'm really sorry! I hope you know that it's not my fault. Actually I'm sorry. I won't make excuses. I'm sorry for not being able to communicate with you as much as we'd both like. It's hard being a zone leader, I hope you know that we are serving the Lord with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength. We always have a lot going on. 24/7. 
 
It is currently 50 degrees in Montana!!! So nice (: I can't believe this is week 6 of the transfer!

 
This week Elder Packham also shared a great story about an investigator who chose to give up everything for the gospel. I have heard stories like this before, of people who chose to give up everything for the truthfulness of the gospel, and I am always in awe of them. What a huge sacrifice!
 
 
I think that Elder Packham is doing really well. I am so grateful that he loves the Lord the way that he does. Life is entirely too hard to not have yourself firmly rooted in the gospel. In my own scripture study I have recently been giving a lot of thought to the strait and narrow path that is talked about in 1 Nephi. I noted that in 1 Nephi 12:17 we are warned to beware of the temptations of the devil and not let them blind our eyes, harden our hearts, or lead us away to broad roads.

In Matthew 7:13-14 the Savior taught,
"Enter ye in at the strait gate; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in threat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
 
Just because we have entered in at the strait gates does not ensure us eternal life.  We must not let our guard down!

At the conclusion of my study on the topic it boils down to this:
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father, ye shall have eternal life." 2 Nephi 31:20.
 
And if it becomes difficult on the strait &narrow:
"Be strong and of good courage..... turn not to the right or the left.... for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goes."
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment