Sunday, December 1, 2013

I had a great week!

Monday, November 25th

This week I had written to Jake in his email about something that I was struggling with and, as always, he taught me a lesson.  He said:

Be patient through your trials, be patient physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  Don't be easy to anger. Pray to the Lord. Don't let this thing that is bothering you be a heavy burden on you. Those who offend will be judged for their unrighteous dominion and their actions. Read D&C 122:7-8.  Remember Christ?!  Christ's BEST FRIEND turned him in and he would eventually be killed and hung on the Cross.  Christ STILL loved that man.  Christ descended below all of this so that we may stand strong, steadfast, and happy through these trying moments.  Be strong. Be faithful. Be loving.

I am grateful for his words of wisdom.  I spoke in church last weekend about Elder Packham's mission and the blessings that have come to our family through his service and had a much needed conversation with another missionary mom.  I said to her, "I know that some people say that we shouldn't share with our missionaries any struggles that we are having, but some times, I do."  She said, " I disagree with those people. I think that one of the blessings we receive with our children serving a mission is that they have this great wisdom to share with us.  I share with my son."  I appreciated her telling me that because sometimes I feel bad that I shared a struggle with Jake and then he emails me something great, like above, and I feel better and know it was the right thing to do.

Here is a portion of Elder Packham's email:

I had a great week! It was a very rough week but it was a good week. One of our investigators is almost on date. She won't accept a solid commitment with a date but she said 80% sure she'd be baptized. We're meeting with her twice this week and she wants to finish the lessons as soon as she can. She's so solid. All of her beliefs are like our beliefs.
 
I'm staying happy, healthy, and well. The Lord like I said has blessed me with patience. Thanksgiving is going to be crazy! We have 4 dinners and 1 dessert appointment planned. I don't know how I'm going to survive. Ugh... Not good.  I ate a habenero pepper this last week. OOH SO HOTTTTTT!!!! Holy cow i thought i was going to die!

I love that boy and miss him greatly.  I am proud of the work he is doing.  I see so much growth in him and I love that he is bold and willing to share his love of the gospel with everyone.  Jake has always been so loving - literally the best friend someone could ever ask for and I know that he is making life-long friendships that he will carry through the eternities.

 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment