Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Transfers, My New Companion & New Car - August 5th, 8th, & 12th


August 5th - 

We got transfer information today. It all kind of started last night when I got a call from one of the Assistants to the President. He interviewed me over the phone. I figured something was up. So I couldn't sleep ALL night. So many things were running through my mind. I got a phone call today from our zone leaders and I'm staying here in Great Falls 5th ward and I'm training again! This time it's not a visa waiter. So I'll get my new companion on Thursday instead of Wednesday. That also means that Elder Rodriguez and I will be companions for a day! Elder Rodriguez will be training a new Elder too and he'll also be our district leader. 

Our investigators are going great! I feel bad for Elder Cooper because he's going to Greybull Wyoming and his birthday is on Sunday. Yesterday we got a  guy named Scott on date for baptism. His baptismal date is set for August 31st. 

Birthday ideas for Elder Cooper: A package of beef jerky and an iowa shirt. (I mailed this out August 9th and tracked it as delivered on August 12th - it showed back up at my office last week with the words, "no such address!"  Whatever! The address was right and the mission home said that they would not have done that.)

Birthday celebration: Birthday celebration for me is kind of getting tied in with dinner tomorrow. Tomorrow night we're eating at Sister Jamie Fosters' house and Elder Rodriguez and his companion are coming over too, to celebrate our 6 month mark. 

August 8th -

I get my new missionary today! I can't wait to meet him! It's weird because I could ask him what he was doing 3 weeks ago and he'd probably say listening to music, going to the fair, swimming. Lol it's weird.

I can't wait to meet him! I hope he's somewhat athletic. All of the athletic people in our zone keep getting transferred. Which makes p-day not as fun. 
We got a new car yesterday! It's a brand new Toyota Carolla off the lot. It only has 350 miles on it, because it was driven accross the state from the mission home. It's grey and we named her Queen Latifa. She's a good car. The car has bluetooth/hands free calling just like my malibu back home! So I instantly connected the mission phone to the car. It's a pretty cool car. Not one I'd want after the mission though.

August 12th -

My new companion: My new companion is Elder Corwyn Yeske. He's alright.. I guess. Lol it's going to take some getting used to. He's fired up about the work though and that's great. . He's super obedient and so I like that.  I'm coming off the best 2 transfers on my mission with one of the best companions I'll ever have. So it's been kind of hard for me. Especially to talk to members when they talk about missing Elder Cooper too.


No comments:

Post a Comment