Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Oh and another thing...

So on July 1st I got this email from Elder Packham:

Oh and another thing.
Mom, Thanks for those Subway gift cards, it was truly a miracle from God. You must be hecka in tune with the spirit right now. This is what happened. The Richardson signed up for dinner on Saturday. They told us the Sunday before that they were going to be out of town and that they would send us each a subway gift card in the mail. So we gave them our address and hoped they would come. All week long we didn't get a Subway gift card. On Saturday, I got your card and in it were 2 subway gift cards. Holy cow! I was going crazy! I prayed that those gift cards would come the night before on Friday, and then I got yours on Saturday! You also sent a Superman card. Crazy as well, I just bought a cheap $13 dollar watch from Walmart and it's a superman watch from the kids section (:
I love it. I love y'all. Hope the family is doing great!

Loves,
Elder Packham

I love it too!  I love knowing that I am living my life close enough to the Spirit that I can be in tune with the needs of other around me.  It isn't just Jake either - I want to be able to be the Lord's hands in all the interactions I have with others.  If you are so inclined, here is an excellent talk on being the Lord's hands:


No matter if you share the same believes as Jake or I or not - I like to think we all care about each other. It is so important to reach out to others and when you feel prompted to do something for someone, whether it be a text, a phone call, a simple smile - DO IT!  Allow the Lord to work through you - it is amazing!

Here is the rest of his email from that week:

Another week down in the books. 5 month mark is this Saturday. It's hard to believe that I've been out that long already. I feel like I just left home. I've seen so many miracles, I've seen God's hand work in so many things. These past 5 months have been some of the hardest yet most rewarding months of my life. No doubt about it.

P-days are crazy because we have so much to get done. President Mecham is making this the "Most obedient mission in the world." So there is so much to be done in what feels like so little time. That's okay though, the time goes by so much faster when you stay busy. Our investigators are going great! One of our investigators is moving to New Mexico. We referred her on to the missionaries down there and to the church as well. If she was staying she'd be baptized in 2 weeks easy. She's so prepared to hear the gospel and that's why it's hard to see her go. That's where faith comes in to play though. It'll all work out in the end I have no doubt about that. Lindsey, I have not heard about her mission call. I haven't heard from her in a long time actually! I've wrote and emailed her.
You have no idea how happy I am to hear about Halley going to EFY! I wish I were there to see her leave and come home. EFY is definitely a life changing experience. Some of my greatest memories growing up were the EFY experiences. I love hearing about Halley growing spiritually. What made her decide to go to the one in Columbia? Mike as well. It was awesome to get the letters from mike and to hear about his spiritual journey and to hear how he's doing. To walk through scriptures with him as well was neat! I just love it! Jorvik on the other hand.. I haven't heard from him at all!!!  Is Mike all ready for the trip to Idaho? What are you guys doing for the 4th of July???
I loved hearing about the temple trip. I don't think I've ever been to the Winter Quarters temple actually. I'd sure love to go though. I can't wait to get back home and go to college and just visit ALL the temples out west. I just love temples. So many blessings come from going to the temple. It's our sacred duty and obligation to attend the temple so I just can't wait to go. I don't mind doing the work for the living right now (: I love it. The work really is going forth. It's amazing to be apart of this historical time in the history of the world.
This week will be another good week in the books. We have a meeting with the Stake President tomorrow night to talk about missionary work. Him and his wife will feed us dinner as well. I'm really looking forward to that meeting and talking about where we want the stake to be on terms of missionary work and members. We are going with members to watch fire works!! We're allowed to stay out til 11. I'll take pictures!

He sounds good. I can't believe it has been 5 months already!   He doesn't always share the 'hardest' parts with me. I suppose he doesn't want me to worry but I am so grateful that he feels like it has been the most rewarding experience of his life.  I can't wait for him to hear Halley talk about EFY. She LOVED it!!! EFY really is life changing... I haven't been but Jake use to say that and now Halley is saying it!!  It is awesome!  We got Mikey to Idaho and he is settled.  I am proud of him and grateful that he will be able to enjoy his time with family and friends who love him SO much.  It will be refreshing for him to be in a place where he is not being judged in any way.  Jake has been a good brother to the kids - even while on his mission. He is such a rock star!

Elder Packham didn't send any pictures this week of the fireworks but hopefully next time.   I will do another blog post shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment